Monday 8 May 2017

A Court of Wings And Ruin - Sarah J Maas

A Court of Wings and Ruin – Sarah J Maas



A Court of Wings and Ruin has been one of the most hotly anticipated releases for May. It is the third book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, and a series of which I have absolutely loved. To say I have been excited for this release is an understatement, to which I have been stuck in a yearlong reading slump, where I physically have not been able to even bring myself to pick up a book and read it. So if anyone was going to snap me out of it, it would be Sarah J Maas herself. This won’t be the longest review, as I will aim to keep it as spoiler free as possible for those of you who may have found this and are considering reading it. But let’s begin.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
ACOWAR brings us right back to the beginning again, the Spring Court. We see just how much it has changed since we were last there, how characters have evolved and manipulated over time as power has been restored and orders shifted. It was interesting to see how I now saw the Spring Court myself. Book one I was always pro Spring, and hated any outside influence trying to change that. As the series went on however, I soon shifted. With a whole different outlook on the procedures and the people that are running the court. Sarah J Maas was able to execute this whole series in a way that Feyres thoughts and feelings about a place almost felt like my own, she was able to draw me in that much, that I felt that connected to the story.

ACOWAR brought us many new characters that we were able to learn about, the history of Prythian and what led to where we are today, rivalries, enemies, friendships, love loss. We explored so many vast backgrounds and stories, and news ones were made at the same time. There was so much depth within this book, so much detail. You could just easily sink your teeth right into it.

It was one emotional rollercoaster of a journey; many different parts of the world were seen, different courts, all so varying in their beauty. I absolutely adored the adventure we were taken on.  I say it was an emotional book, there were points where I had to put the book down, catch my breath and brace myself for what was about to come next. It takes a lot for a book to affect me in such a way and it very rarely happens.

Sarah J Maas was able to tie up a lot of characters stories, leaving us all as satisfied as we could be. She has also let some areas open, which I can only assume will be linked to her future projects surrounding this incredible world.

If you like fantasy, adventure, romance, humour and so many varying things all contained into one book series. I would 100% recommend picking this up, as much as I would with any of this authors work. She is a beautiful writer, painting such an amazing world and story that just slides off each page of the books that she rights. You will always find yourself lost within her world. I would happily escape to Velaris, and stay there for as long as I could as we all need an escape from reality some times.



I have given this book a 5 out of 5 star rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment